1.1 Significance of Research
As mentioned earlier, to the best of knowledge, marketers are so interested in understanding service quality perceptions of Cambodian consumers who use fitness centers services, however, there has been no relative significant studies in the literature yet that examined this topic.
This research paper makes major important contributions to the growing body of the literature from the theoretical perspective. Furthermore, it extends the theoretical implication to investigate customer expectation and their perception to reach the standard of satisfaction to lure their loyalty. As a result, the upcoming service improvement in this industry will be constantly changed because people are more likely to pay attention to the effort of the club to keep to their relationship; moreover, it significant illustrate the ultimate observation in service quality in the fitness industry.
Meanwhile, the importance of service quality is emphasized in the process of customer’s decision making, especially for newly established fitness clubs. More details will be discussed in chapter VI.
1.2 Research questions
In order to understand the service quality, perceived value, satisfaction towards customer loyalty and customer behaviors, this research paper would have to be broken down into several parts in order to have a better understanding of the relationship.
1) What are the important criteria that customers considered as the ideal service quality for fitness-center?
2) How the service quality level of perceived value and overall satisfaction of the service have been delivered to the customers in the fitness center in Phnom Penh city?
3) How do all of these factors affect the customer’s loyalty outcome behaviors in the fitness center?
1.5 Research objectives
As can be seen at the objectives, this study aims to imply to the three research questions. As this study is to look into deep understanding about fitness center and the main purpose of this study is to test the proposed framework, therefore, the main objectives can be listed as the followings:
2) To identify the aspects of service delivery which influence the most to the users of Phnom Penh city fitness centers in Cambodia. This study will attempt to understand how the customer makes decision on choosing the only fitness center that they have a long-term commitment with.
3) This research will be to examine the relationship of service quality, perceived value, and the satisfaction of fitness members.
4) to determine key driver customer loyalty and identify outcome behaviors which attribute from customer loyalty in fitness centers.
A research framework is developed based on previous research studies. The pilot study of 30 samples is conducted to test the validity of instrument and the main study of 448 samples were surveyed from members who have registered a membership more than 3 months in the four fitness centers; those are Super Fit, The Place, Sea Stone, and S-Fitness clubs which are located in Phnom Penh city, Cambodia. The data were carried out in order to explore the perception and expectation over service quality, satisfaction and customer loyalty in fitness center.
This research outcome might need be used with considerations since the data collection process was delivered to only members who are in those four fitness clubs. Aside from those circumstances, this research outcome should not be utilized in other target population.
However, this research outcome could well represent the perceptions of the fitness members to a certain extent. It may provide some insight or inspiration for future researchers to develop or replicate the findings in order to produce generalizations on consumer loyalty in fitness members.
1.8 Chapter summary
At the beginning of this paper, the subject of this study has been literally evoked about service quality in the fitness center. Next chapter describes the relevant literature from previous studies to support variables explored in this study and