Introduction :The capital of the largest state of Rajasthan, known as the “Pink City of India” – Jaipur is a land of Royals andElegance, where its heritage lives in the culture and splendid Architecture. It is a flawless fusion of history andmodernity and a visionary model for town planning.Context and RegionalismThe city of Jaipur was established in 1727 by Maharaja Jaisingh, as the new capital of kachwaha Dynasty. It wasrevolutionary both in terms of its Planning and its strategic location and was modelled on the principles of Vastu-Shastra – Hindu Architectural Theory.Political Agenda :• Jaipur evolved due to lack of availability of space in the earlier capital Amber which was built on the hill inDhoondhar district.• It was envisioned as an alternative power base, and a strong political statement at par with Mughal cities, since itwas pre- colonial in inception.• Envisioned as a flourishing trade centre and commerce hub for the region – to cater to the period of rapid economicand political change.Natural setting: Pre-existing features of site played a major role in shaping of city.• The site chosen was a valley located south of Amber, which was bounded by horse shoe shaped Nahargarh hillyranges on the North east and North west covered with dense forests.• This rocky terrain allowed expansion only in the south direction gave natural protection for military reasons andthe hills ensured a constant supply of building material for construction.• The presence of perennial stream gave adequate drinking water supply and the natural slope ensured a gooddrainage system.Connectivity :The old city was located strategically along the road that ran East-West between Mughal Cities of Agra and Ajmer,placing it on already established communication line for its economic success. On the other axis on North-Southlinking the capital Amber to Sanganer, the principal trading town.Evolution of the city: Cosmic City Model• Jaipur’s plan was based on Vastu-shastra which specifies that greater benefits of prosperity can be achieved bycreating environment which is in perfect equilibrium with natural forces. Mandala and Prastara pattern (which
All Research Proposal
- WRITTEN Piaget believes in certain principles of development. His
- I assistant trainee manager in which the skills that
- Abstract—In parameter. In addition, weevaluated the performance of the
- To contraception (Oudshoorn, 2004). Over the past 50 years,
- Background policies focus on extension of the centralised grid.
- ICICI EPS increased to 32.19 and after that company
- Dagens i 1600-1700 tallet, var det veldig mye overtroiske
- Mental is concerned in the cognizance of their abilities,
- Årsakene Kroatia, Slovenia og Bosnia-Herzegovina, som var katolsk dominert.