The first bomb dropped called “Little Boy” was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. This bomb was dropped to bring a forceful end to the war due to the Japanese refusal to surrender. Document C states “Because of your leaders refusal to accept the surrender declaration that would end this useless war, we have employed our Atomic Bomb”. This Leaflet dropped on the Japanese quite honestly just said that we have given you time and many chances to end this war and since you did not follow our instructions we are no longer giving you chances and this is what is going to happen. The United States was justified in making the decision to drop the first Atomic Bomb. These actions were justified because the United States had given many warnings to the Japanese, telling them to surrender and they were also notified about the magnitude of destruction this bomb would cause. The Atomic Bomb was dropped because it was thought that it could bring a swift end to the war on Japan, and that is exactly what it did. Tom Nichols states “Truman and his advisers made the only decision they could have made; indeed, considered in the context of World War II, it wasn’t really much of a decision at all”. This is saying that President Truman had no other course of action. I truly believe that there was not anymore that could be done other than bombing Hiroshima, any attempt to invade Japan would result in horrific American casualties. By dropping “Little Boy” on Japan, it saved American lives and most importantly ended this pointless war. These are just two of the many reasons that Americans were completely justified with dropping these weapons of mass destruction, there will always continue to be debate over this topic and this is just my outlook on this event. Work Cited Nicholas, Tom “No Other Choice: Why Truman Dropped The Atomic Bomb on Japan”6 Aug. 2015, nationalinterest.org/feature/no-other-choice-why-truman-dropped-the-atomic-bomb-japan-13504.
All Research Proposal
- WRITTEN Piaget believes in certain principles of development. His
- I assistant trainee manager in which the skills that
- Abstract—In parameter. In addition, weevaluated the performance of the
- To contraception (Oudshoorn, 2004). Over the past 50 years,
- Background policies focus on extension of the centralised grid.
- ICICI EPS increased to 32.19 and after that company
- Dagens i 1600-1700 tallet, var det veldig mye overtroiske
- Mental is concerned in the cognizance of their abilities,
- Årsakene Kroatia, Slovenia og Bosnia-Herzegovina, som var katolsk dominert.